A change in your life circumstances doesn’t automatically mean you will lose your coverage. If your life circumstances change and you have an insurance policy in Plainfield, IN, Gill Insurance Agency provides the following guide on steps you can take.
Life Insurance: What You Need To Do
Inform Your Insurer and Review Your Policy
Whatever the change in your life is, if it affects the insurance policy you have, the first thing you should do is inform your insurer about it. They will likely give you directions on the way forward. This usually involves reviewing your policy, whether it’s homeowners, renters, auto, or life insurance coverage, to accommodate the change in your life. Here are some life changes that Gill Insurance Agency advises you to review your insurance policies.
Changes in Your Life That Require You to Review Your Homeowners Policy Are:
- If you are doing home renovations or remodeling
- When you are adding a new structure to your home
- If you make a major purchase for stuff like art, electronics, furniture, and jewelry
- When you start a home business
Life Changes That Mandate You Review Your Auto Insurance Are:
- If you have some new/inexperienced driver in your house
- When you buy or sell a car
- When you move to a new location
Changes in Your Life That Require You to Review Your Life Insurance
- If your family grows
- When you move to a new location or remortgage your home
- When you finish paying your mortgage faster than expected
What if You Lose Your Job and Can No Longer Afford Your Premiums?
If you lose your job and you can no longer afford your premiums, let your insurer know. Review your insurance policies to remove the coverages that you can live without. Although this would mean you have minimal coverage, your premiums will reduce significantly, and you will still have some insurance coverage. Keep in mind that most insurers don’t offer premium refunds if you cancel your policy, so it’s best to review it.
Contact Us Today
Contact Gill Insurance Agency for insurance info and deals in Plainfield, IN.